JC&A is excited to announce our BOOKKEEPING services are now available!
All it takes is $225 for the setup and a sleak $145 a month (for one checking account using online banking) for us to provide ongoing monthly service and your tax info for your accountant at the end of the year – or – we can do your taxes for you!!! We are so excited to be bringing you a cost effective solution to your bookkeeping needs! Our Lead Bookkeeper, Bob Cook has over 35 years of experience doing bookkeeping and taxes. He has flown across the country to attend legal bookkeeping and tax seminars for cannabis. We can’t wait for you to try this new service with wonderful and highly knowledgeable people to work with! Call today to get started! We are also offering cost estimates for licensing and compliance, including building costs on our consultations…just ask for it!
Cultivation applications stop in Mendocino County June 30, 2018! Phase 2 applications have started! All other license type applications are being taken through the Tax Collectors office.
If you haven’t yet enrolled in Mendocino County’s Cannabis Cultivation program, you want to put June 30th on your calendar. That is the last day applications for Phase 1 ends. Phase 2, indoor cultivation on industrial and commercially zoned land without proof of prior has begun. JC&A can help you achieve your permit! We have success stories after success stories to share. Just call our office to learn more! 707-489-0996. We are also helping people acquire their distribution, including transportation only, manufacturing, dispensing, testing and microbusiness licenses, no problemo!
GREAT NEWS! The Mendocino County Building and Planning Department Amnesty has been extended to June 30th 2018! Thank you Mendocino County Supervisors and Building and Planning.
If you have unpermitted buildings on your property, now is the time to permit them without any violation fees. There are two ways to do this:
- Class K – Which does not allow commercial activity and is changing in March 2018.
- Regular Permitting – Which does allow commercial activity.
We can help you expedite and/or acquire the permits needed for existing structures and greenhouses. Ag Exempt is official now and the criteria is listed on the Ag Exempt application. Not everything can be Ag Exempt- greenhouses need a regular building permit, hoophouses can use an Ag. Exempt permit if no employees. And we know how to do it, so you can too!
COUNTY OF MENDOCINO CULTIVATION PROGRAM UPDATES
The following steps are required to submit an application for processing:
- Applicants must make an appointment with the Planning and Building Department to submit a site plan for zoning clearance. This is your first step, before going to the Agricultural Department. Include everything on the sample siteplan in the application on your site plan. Call if you need our help.
- Applicant must make an appointment with the Agricultural Department to submit the zoning clearance paperwork and their application, including the following:
- Proof of prior cultivation on the parcel you are applying for and a current picture of your garden (two things)
- Copy of your well permit or 1600 form or your water right.
- Copy of your enrollment in the NCRWQCB Order #R1-2015-0023 or the.
- Copy of the Cortesie List search that proves you are not on it.
- If you have unpermitted buildings, a copy of the permit application or an engagement letter with an engineer if you are doing Class K on an existing building (WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY).
- A copy of your Drivers License – has to be California.
- The Department of Agriculture staff will review the Initial Cultivation Application and complete an Initial Application Review Checklist.
- Applicants must sign the Initial Application Review Checklist and take it to the Treasurer/Tax Collectors Office to make a payment of a non-refundable application fee.
- Applicants must submit proof of payment of the application fee to the Department of Agriculture. Once proof of payment has been verified by the Department of Agriculture, applications will be accepted for processing and a local authorization to cultivate is authorized via the Certificate of Application.
Please note that the Treasurer/Tax Collectors office will not receive payment for any cultivation permit application fees without having evidence of the completed and signed Initial Application Review Checklist from the Department of Agriculture.
Please note that permit applications are only being accepted for cultivation sites within zoning districts of the Inland Zoning Code. The current permit program does not address cultivation in the Coastal Zone. No more than two permits may be issued to a person or entity pursuant to section 10A.17.070 (D) of the Mendocino County Medical Cannabis Cultivation Ordinance.
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURES: If you have a for-profit or non-for-profit business that originated prior to January 1, 2016, that organization CAN apply for a permit in it’s name. If your organizational structure originated after January 1, 2016, that organization CAN NOT apply for a permit in it’s name, and you must apply in your name for a permit.
New Waterboards Program and Fish and Wildlife Program (LSA application) required for local and state cultivation licensing.
These permits can be acquired online and we can guide you through the process. You’ll need a site plan, your local authorization, and other documents depending on your water source. Here is a link to the new WaterBoards Cultivation Program: https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/cannabis/ Please pay particular attention to the Cannabis Policy Attachment A for guidance on what to do on your parcel. IF YOU ARE ENROLLED IN NCRWQCB cultivation program, you have until June 30, 2019 to transfer your enrollment to the new WaterBoards Order#WQ2017-0023-DWQ. Please note you can not get your annual (“permanent annual renewal”) State cultivation license without enrollment in this new program. We can help you transfer over! Or apply for your LSA on line here: https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Conservation/Cannabis The website can be challenging at times, so you can also print out the Notification Form, Attachment E and Attachment C and mail it in certified return receipt with a $724.50 check. Call us for any help you need!
NEEM OIL USERS – YOU NEED AN OPERATOR ID # TO APPLY NEEM AND NEEM PRODUCTS!
If you are using Neem in any way, you need to call your local County Agricultural Department and ask to set up an appointment to get your Operator ID #. ALL NEEM USERS MUST HAVE AN OPERATOR ID #. Once you have your Operator ID#, you get a webuser ID and report your usage online the 10th of the month following your use. If you do not do this, you will be out of compliance! Call to make your appointment today for your Operator ID! We can help, and we provide a free study guide to our retainer clients!
NCRWQCB and CVWQCB Water Resource Protection Plans Are Due!
Many of our clients have chosen to work with the Water Quality Boards on their own, without a 3rd Party. Many are behind on their Water Resource Protection Plans! This will not serve you in acquiring an annual (“permanent renewable”) cultivation license. JC&A is providing your WRPP in 30 days upon receipt of your siteplan, cultivation application, and schedules A and C and a deposit of $2500. Our Senior Compliance Scientist, Eric Drake, is one of 1500 scientists in the nation that is a certified wetland/marshland scientist, with national experience to go with it! We are finding we are the least expensive with the best end product on the market! And we’re proud of it!
Lake County Self Certification for Cultivation Licenses:
We’re here to help! And our home office is in Lake County! Give our office a call to help you to achieve success in Lake County permitting!
Sonoma County Farmers – we can help you comply and help with your paperwork!
Just give our office a call to set up an appointment. We are in Sonoma County doing pre-inspections weekly!